TRADE SHOW ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program assists Montana based companies in exploring new domestic and international wholesale markets by encouraging first-time exhibition at new trade shows outside of the state. It is not only for companies new to trade show exhibition, but can also be useful for established companies who are looking to exhibit at a show that they have never been to before. It is not intended for a company to use for a trade show at which it has previously or currently exhibits.
The assistance comes in the form of fifty (50) percent reimbursement of qualified and approved expenses for trade show exhibition up to a maximum of $3,000 (including bonus amounts).
1. Private-sector, Montana based company providing a Montana based product/service or adding value to a product in Montana*
2. Exhibiting at a business-to-business (wholesale) trade show outside of the state of Montana (USA or international) or participating in the US Commercial Services Gold Key Program
3. First-time exhibition in the specified trade show or if using the Gold Key service, the first time visiting a particular country for business purposes.
4. Presents documentation that the trade show is an appropriate venue for the company (include a copy of the exhibitor information including past attendance statistics)
5. The Department of Commerce will make the final decision as to a company's eligibility for this program
* An agriculture based company eligible for the Department of Agriculture Trade Show Assistance Program (TSAP) is not eligible for this program. Contact Angelyn DeYoung at 406-444-2402 or email@example.com for more information.
1. Booth/space rental or US Commercial Services Gold Key fee
2. Booth equipment, furniture, and carpeting rental
3. Booth utility costs
4. Promotional materials (product flyer specific to show, booth signage, etc.)
5. Shipping, storage, drayage (cost of moving freight at exhibition site) and show labor
* The ONLY eligible expense for companies using the US Commercial Services Gold Key program is the participation fee. No other expenses, including those listed above, will be allowed.
1. Expenditures directly related to the operation of the business (staff salaries, printing of generic business brochures and handouts, product samples, general advertising not related to the sales/trade event).
2. Transportation, meals and lodging
APPLICATION & REVIEW PROCESS
Potential participants must complete and return the Trade Show Assistance application with required attachments forty-five (45) days prior to the first day of the trade show. A review panel, consisting of Department of Commerce staff will review applications. To be eligible for reimbursement, written or electronic approval from the Montana Department of Commerce MUST BE received before attending the show. No applications will be considered after an event has occurred.
This program is based on a fifty (50) percent reimbursement of eligible expenses incurred during participation in an approved trade show. Funds are not disbursed until actual receipts are submitted after the event.
A company may receive one (1) award per fiscal year (July 1- June 30). The total individual award is limited to 50% of the actual eligible expenditures not to exceed a base amount $2,000 per company. The minimum amount is $500.
A total of up to an additional $1,000 (per award) is possible if the applicant meets the following criteria:
1. Registered participant in the Made in Montana program = $200
2. Successful completion of the FastTrak or NxtLevel Entrepreneurial Training Seminar, the MSU/CAE (Creative Arts Enterprise) Training Course, participation in the Business-to-Business Market Coaching Program, or Department of Commerce Export Training (if show is international) = $300
3. The trade show is held outside of the United States = $500 (participants using the US Commercial Services Gold Key program or participating as a member of a Trade Mission/Delegation are not eligible for this bonus amount)
4. Department of Commerce Export Training = $300
The business shall function independently in performing the exhibition activity and shall assume sole responsibility of any debts or liabilities that may be incurred in regard to the applied for trade show. The award cannot be assigned.
1. For reimbursement, the Reimbursement Request and Survey form must be completed in its entirety (with all receipts attached) and submitted to the Department of Commerce within 45 days of the last day of the trade show.
For more information contact:
Office of Trade & International Relations
PO Box 200505
301 S. Park Avenue
Helena, MT 596020-0505
Phone: 406-841-2783 Fax: 406-841-2728
Legal Notice: The Made in Montana, Grown in Montana, and Native American Made in Montana logos are registered trademarks of the Montana Department of Commerce. It is unlawful to use them without prior authorization or in a manner that is inconsistent with their stated purpose.
Disclaimer: The photographs shown on this site were primarily submitted by program members and are representations of some of the types of products available. Their appearance is not an endorsement of the products or program members. If you have any questions email Made In Montana or call (406) 841-2757.